Pitched Roof Restoration Singapore
Does your home boast a classic pitched tile roof? While known for their elegance and durability, these beauties aren’t invincible. Time and weather can take their toll, leaving you with faded, cracked, and potentially leaking tiles.
But before you resign yourself to a costly roof replacement, consider restoration! It’s a cost-effective and sustainable way to extend the lifespan of your pitched tile roof and restore its former glory.
Why Restore Pitched Roof?
Tiles would normally last for 30 years and beyond. As the roof ages, the protective coating wears off due to wear and tear. When this happens, the quality of the roof tile deteriorates and the roof tile becomes brittle if left untreated. The roof tile will then be prone to cracks resulting in roof leakages. Thus it would be prudent to carry out Restoration Works to the old roof before this happens to avoid costly re-roofing costs.
Investing in restoration offers a multitude of benefits:
- Save Money: Restoration costs significantly less than complete roof replacement.
- Increased Longevity: A well-restored roof can last another 20-30 years, adding immense value to your property.
- Enhanced Curb Appeal: A vibrant, revitalized roof dramatically improves your home’s aesthetics.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Properly sealed and coated tiles enhance thermal insulation, potentially reducing energy bills.
- Environmentally Friendly: Restoration minimizes waste and conserves resources compared to full replacement.
Pitched Roof Restoration Process
- Pressure jetting of roof to remove dirt/contaminants.
- Conduct of a thorough roof inspection.
- Replacement of all cracked roof tiles.
- Re-caulk new Sealant to all joints/flashings/roof ridges & waterproof with acrylic waterproofing Membrane reinforced with fiberglass netting.
- Replace all corroded flashings/gutter/valley gutters etc.
- Apply Acrylic primer to the entire roof surface.
- Apply 2 coats of Acrylic Waterproofing Coating to entire roof surface.
- Re-caulk new Sealant to all joints/flashings/seams & waterproof with acrylic waterproofing.
- Membrane reinforced with fiberglass netting.
Looking to Restore Your Pitched Tiles Roof?
Frequently Asked Questions for Pitched Roof Restoration
Look for signs like cracked tiles, missing mortar, leaks, water stains, moss growth, or sagging. If present, consult a professional for an assessment.
Improves aesthetics, increases lifespan, prevents leaks and damage, enhances energy efficiency, and boosts property value.
Depends on roof size, condition, materials used, and complexity. Expect ballpark figures between S$5,000 and S$30,000. Get quotes from different providers.
Clay, concrete, terracotta, and slate are popular choices. Each has its own qualities and price range.
Yes, you may need approval from the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and HDB, depending on your property type and extent of work.
Cleaning, repairing or replacing individual tiles, repointing mortar joints, waterproofing treatments, and ridge capping replacement.
Choose materials matching the existing ones or opt for durable options like clay or slate. Consider compatibility with climate and aesthetics.
Depends on the size and complexity of the job. Generally, small repairs might take a few days, while a complete restoration could take weeks.
At least twice a year, after heavy storms, and before monsoon season. Look for signs of damage, leaks, or loose tiles.
Regularly clear leaves and debris, remove moss growth, and check for cracks or broken tiles. Consider professional cleaning and maintenance every few years.
It’s recommended to hire professionals for safety and expertise. DIY attempts can cause further damage and void warranties.
Annual inspections are recommended, especially before winter and after severe weather events.